15 natural remedies against headaches and migraines. - That you also happen to have a headache? I stand pretty well the pain, but when it comes to headaches, that's another thing! This throbbing pain just seems to penetrate my defenses and frankly, it makes me very irritable. And if a migraine sets in, it is even worse and it is better not to approach me ...
Fortunately, I do not often have headaches. By cons, it has not always been the case, and I happened to suffer repeatedly, but that was before ... What made the difference is to change my diet and my lifestyle, it was the best thing I could do to avoid me headaches. Frankly ! But occasionally, I sometimes still have the feeling that my head is slid in a vice, I prefer to avoid drugs, then where do I find an effective natural remedy against headaches and migraines ? That's my favorite remedies, and others that are suggested to me, you should find out what do you good and alleviate these terrible headaches.
15 natural remedies against headaches and migraines
Natural remedies for headaches
- The essential oil of peppermint: a record (not a drop eh, only a trace) rubbed on the forehead, the temples, earlobes or neck. The essential oil of peppermint has a very fresh and direct way to dissolve the headache into nothingness.
- White willow bark: the natural alternative to aspirin, willow bark actually contains the active compound from which aspirin was produced. It contains a molecule, salicin which relieves pain, and is one of the most common natural remedies for headaches.
- Napping: Have you ever noticed how the world looks nicer after a nap? Sometimes just a simple little nap is enough for your body is renewed and hunting headaches.
- Eat something: headaches can be a sign that you have not eaten for too long a true balanced meal. In fact, the last time I had a headache, it was because I was so absorbed by my work and I had not eaten in a while. But the headache became such that I felt like my brain was going to explode. Needless to say, I have not really been able to work much later. An ounce of prevention is better in these cases.
- Reflexology: massage areas of the foot is a wonderful tool to bring relaxation, relieve pain, balance the energy flow and prevent migraines.
- Drink water: headaches can be a sign of dehydration. Sometimes drink a large glass of pure water is enough to stop a headache in its tracks. Adequate hydration is also also a good means to not have headaches, yet both prevent is ideal.
- See a chiropractor: having the misaligned spine can definitely cause headaches. Many report that visits to a chiropractor are very effective to relieve headaches and migraines.
- Feverfew: This herb is used since ancient times to treat pain, including headaches.
- The cold shower of the face: a hydrotherapy technique that works almost miraculous way. The ideal is to have a shower and spend the jet of cool water by drawing around the face for 1 minute, then stay on the forehead and temples and finish a few seconds his eyes closed. Leave to act a little freshness before dabbing gently with a towel. One immediately feels more relaxed and invigorated and the headaches subside remarkably quickly.
- The hot bath arms: fill your sink or a deep bowl with hot water and immerse the hands and forearms. The water should be as hot as possible. Stay 20 minutes. Hot water is by derivation and decongest the head, headaches and migraines disappear.
- Acupressure: This is like acupuncture but without the needles. You use your thumb to stimulate acupuncture points. The most effective for headache is to stimulate a point that is on the hand between the thumb and forefinger. Slowly increase the pressure, it can be painful, keep up to feel that your headache estompe.
- Magnesium: Magnesium if you miss, it could ery well be causing your headaches and your migraines. Simply correct the deficit to stop migraines.
- Cold compresses: be it an ice bag wrapped in a tissue or washcloth soaked in very cold water, they can certainly be effective in relieving pain naturally sore head.
- Go outside: let's face it, the air inside our homes and other buildings is not ideal. Fresh air is vital to health, even in the city. A few minutes spent outside can be surprisingly refreshing, even enough to relieve your headache.
- Eliminate the cause: it is a long-term approach, but this is by far the most effective. Food additives such as aspartame and glutamate can cause headaches and migraines, it can also be food intolerances as gluten sensitivity, you may miss some nutrients, or liver may need to be cleaned .... Discover what causes your headaches, this is the approach on which I focus in naturopathy is obviously the most complete and most effective approach.
Thank's for read my article with title 15 natural remedies against headaches and migraines.